2012 Jeep Compass is one alternative Chrysler Group compact crossover with off-road capabilities plus available 4×4 drivetrain, even though Jeep Wrangler offers better performance. Now, itâ€™s look more rugged with inspired Jeep Grand Cherokee exterior styling from the redesigned of 2011 Jeep Compass. Discover the entertaining features through available liftgate speakers for outdoor enjoyment. But, there are little bit shortcomings, such as mildly standard interior features and most rivals in the affordable compact SUV get spacious cargo. Shoppers faced with the three trim levels to be selected and adjusted to their needs and lifestyle, from the base Sport, Latitude, and 2012 Jeep Compass Limited as the top level trim.
2012 Jeep Compass Powertrain
Learn two powertrains of 2012 Jeep Compass from 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve dual-VVT inline 4-cylinder engine that produces 158-horsepower & 141 lb-ft of torque. Next for 2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve dual-VVT inline 4-cylinder engine that produces 172-horsepower & 165 lb-ft of torque.
Three available transmissions to choose: 5-speed manual, Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT2) with AutoStick shifter, and Continuously Variable Transaxle with Off Road Mode (CVT2L) that includes off-road capable crawl ratio.
The all-new 2012 Jeep Compass supported with Hill Start assist plus some off-road features, likes skid plates and Freedom-Drive IIÂ® with Off-Road Group (4×4 only).
2012 Jeep Compass EPA-Estimated Gas Mileage
Letâ€™s see the fuel economic consumption (city/highway) for 2012 Jeep Compass on every trim that combined with available transmissions.
- 2.0L I4 engine with 5-speed MT at 23/29 mpg (standard Sport)
- 2.0L I4 engine with CVT2 at 23/27 mpg (standard Latitude & available Sport)
- 2.4L I4 engine with CVT2L 4×4 at 20/23 mpg (available Sport, Latitude, Limited)
- 2.4L I4 engine with CVT2 4×2 at 21/27 mpg (standard Limited, & available Sport, Latitude)
- 2.4L I4 engine with 5-speed MT 4×4 at 22/28 mpg (available Sport)
- 2.4L I4 engine with 5-speed MT 4×2 at 23/28 mpg (available Sport)
2012 Jeep Compass Sport
In this case, itâ€™s just show the highlight features of 2012 Jeep Compass Sport. There are Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-lock Brakes (ABS), 17-inch aluminum wheels, fog lamps, sunscreen glass, air conditioning, power windows, locks & exterior mirrors, remote keyless entry, and speed control.
2012 Jeep Compass Latitude
While for 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude (plus Sport highlight features) provides from CVT2 automatic transmission (automatic), 115 volt inverter, remote start, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and heated front seats.
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
The upper trim, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited (plus Latitude highlight features) equipped with 2.4-liter engine with 172-horsepower, 18-inch aluminum wheels, automatic temperature control, and leather-trimmed seats.
2012 Jeep Compass Prices
With reasonable price at the base 2012 Jeep Compass, it makes one advantages among other affordable compact SUVs.
- 2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4×2 with starting prices at $19,295 MSRP
- 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4×2 with starting prices at $21,695 MSRP
- 2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4×2 with starting prices at $24,295 MSRP
- 2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4×4 with starting prices at $21,045 MSRP
- 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4×4 with starting prices at $23,445 MSRP
- 2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4×4 with starting prices at $26,045 MSRP
Check out the Jeep local dealer for more detailed information.
2012 Jeep Compass Competitors
Jeep Compass 2012 has a lot of rivals in its class. There are GMC Terrain, Chevrolet Equinox, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, and more. You can try compare it one by one to use the budget wisely.